Does it feel like you have to constantly buy new cleaning products to keep on top of the housework? We’ve put together our top 6 money-saving cleaning tips to help stretch those pennies a bit further.
- Everyone by now knows about the wonders of baking soda and its magical uses for all sorts of cleaning tasks around the house. You can easily make an effective cleaning solution using a litre of warm water and 4 tablespoons of baking powder. Cheap and free from nasty chemicals.
- It may be hard to believe but using a wet, rubber washing-up glove is a great trick to easily remove unwanted pet hairs around the home. Simply wipe your hand across the area and the fur will easily lift off.
- Do you love your fresh coffee in the morning? Well coffee filters can also be used to clean your windows without using any harsh chemicals. Give it a go. Simply wipe across windows and you’ll see how effective they can be on smudges and smears.
- Does your microwave always seem to be a disaster area? There’s a quick and easy way to clean away the mess without scrubbing away for hours on end. Just fill a heat proof cup with clean water, pop in the microwave on a high heat for a minute or two and then easily wipe away the grime.
- We all know how easily it is to spill a glass of red wine or coffee on the carpet. You may think the only solution is to buy expensive cleaning products to get rid but a cheap item we all having in our homes can be just as effective. Simply add one tablespoon of washing up liquid to two cups of warm water and blot the stain until it disappears.
- Are some of your white clothes looking a little grey or stained? We have the answer! Leave clothes to soak in hot water and the juice of one lemon for an hour or so. Then wash as normal. It works a treat.
If you’re in need of a professional cleaning service, speak to us at Service Master Swansea 01792 32 32 38.Back