With spring just around the corner, it may be time to have a good office spring clean. After all offices are the perfect breading grounds for bacteria. Ever wondered why coughs and cold spread like wild fire around the workplace? It’s all that bacteria spread around on your telephone handsets, keyboards, computer mice, photocopiers and door handles. Not to mention if you eat your lunch at your desk. Your computer or laptop keyboard is supposedly 20,000 times dirtier than a toilet seat. It’s enough to make your skin crawl!
We’ve put together a list of handy tips to for cleaning your office space:
- First things first have a good de-clutter: shred or recycle any papers that are no longer needed, remove rubbish and any broken stationary.
- Invest in a desk tidy: a small desk file will help keep all your documents in order.
- Make sure your computer and phone are switched off and unplugged before you start the cleaning process.
- You can firstly use compressed air to remove any debris and dust from your keyboard.
- You can use a bit of cloth dipped in isopropyl alcohol or you can buy antibacterial cleaning wipes that are safe to use on electrical items.
- Wipe down your phone not forgetting the buttons and the interior part where your face touches the handset.
- Use a cloth to remove the dust from your monitor.
- Go through your desk draws and have a good de-clutter. Take out the draws and give them a wipe down to remove any dust and debris.
- Finally vacuum under the desk making sure your get into all the nooks and crannies that are usually missed.
Is your office in need of a deep clean? Service Master Clean Swansea can help. Contact our friendly team today for a quote.Back