Evaluating Your Cleaning Staff
Are you aware of how clean your workplace really is? With everything that facility managers and business owners have to keep on top of, it can be difficult to conduct a performance review but making time for this task is essential.
Did you know that an effective cleaning team can actually help your business succeed? By keeping certain areas well stocked with consumables and properly cleaned and sanitised, your facility becomes a more welcoming and enjoyable space for both your clients and staff. A regular commercial cleaning service can also help you achieve a healthier environment by improving air quality and encouraging worker safety and performance.
Since a strong commercial cleaning service can benefit your overall business in a number of ways, it is vital that you know exactly how your chosen commercial cleaning team actually perform. Use our tips to easily create a cleaning service evaluation form that you can use to ensure your commercial premises gets the deep clean you need.
Building Your Cleaning Evaluation Form
To make sure your current cleaning team, cleans to your specific standards, we recommend that you generate your own cleaning services evaluation form to cover the areas of most importance to you, like high-traffic and high-visibility areas. Make a cleaning checklist for each area, and include room for additional comments and follow-up requests. You can even identify specific spaces you want cleaned and sanitised on a daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual basis.
The commercial cleaning professionals at ServiceMaster Clean® put together the most common cleaning tasks by room, so you can easily start building your own evaluation form.
- Are the floors, counters, stalls and equipment free of stains, odours and debris?
- Were the proper sanitizers and disinfectants used on each bathroom surface?
- Were proper cross-contamination methods employed?
- Did the team restock essentials, including toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap and hand sanitizer?
- Rubbish bins and recycling bins regulatory emptied?
- Dishes washed and properly put away?
- Surfaces sanitised and cleared of debris?
- Were the floors cleaned with the right solutions for the type of flooring?
- If applicable, were the refrigerator and other appliances wiped down?
- Was all rubbish and recyclable material removed?
- Were the floors cleaned with the proper tools and equipment for carpet, tile, hardwood, etc.?
- Are high-traffic areas free of dirt, shoe prints and stains?
- If you run your finger along a windowsill, cubicle wall or on top of a cabinet, does it pick up dust?
Add your own questions to this checklist to create a form personalised to your business. That way, you can better identify if your current cleaning staff is a right fit for your company.
The Real Cost of Poor Cleaning
Ultimately, the most important question to consider when evaluating a commercial cleaning company is whether you feel comfortable communicating with your cleaning team to come up with solutions when issues arise. A performance evaluation won’t change anything if your cleaning team is inaccessible or unresponsive.
When you have a concern, your cleaning team should be able to respond immediately. If you don’t feel comfortable talking to your service provider or they don’t fix an issue right away, you may never get the service you and your business deserve. As your business changes, so will your cleaning needs. You need a commercial cleaning partner who is willing to change with you.
If your performance evaluation of your current cleaning company reveals that it’s time for a change, contact the experts at ServiceMaster Clean. We have dedicated cleaning professionals, advanced tools and industry expertise. Find out more about our comprehensive commercial cleaning services today.Back